10 GOLDEN RULES FOR HAPPY MARRIAGE
1. First and foremost, love each other. Say “I love you” often and in different ways. Do things to keep your love and romance new and alive. Don’t take love for granted, ever.
2. Listen objectively to each other, and accept each other completely. Give each other the right to disagree and to have different opinions.
3. Never stop treating each other like sweethearts. Talk to each other as sweethearts and do things that sweethearts do. Don’t let external values have more importance then the internal feelings of your heart.
4. Take care of each other. Put the other one first, but don’t neglect your own needs, either. Do the things that show that you’re interested in your partner’s needs, desires, and problems.
5. Be joyful that you’ve each made a commitment to the other… through sickness and health and everything else. Be thankful you’re in this life together.
6. Talk about things together. Refuse to say anything negative about your partner. Never betray each other’s secrets. Keep your own identity, but walk together as one.
7. Settle the fact that you’ve made your choice and you’re no longer looking for anyone else. Don’t flirt. Think of the consequences. Don’t consider it.
8. Be in agreement about how your money is spent. Big items should have the approval of both. Talk about how to manage your finances.
9. Treat each other as you would want to be treated. If you’ve argued, never go to sleep without asking the other’s forgiveness. Be faithful about this. Do what will make you both the happiest and be the best for your relationship.
10. Have fun.(by Donna Fargo)